[vfio-users] sr-iov support on main boards

Zachary Boley zboley00 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 19:48:49 UTC 2017

Actually have a Xeon setup where ootb all iommu groups were sane and
separated, I just use the second NIC on my motherboard for the Windows vm
as virtio makes it a bottleneck

On Aug 13, 2017 8:19 AM, "Torbjorn Jansson" <
torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se> wrote:

> On 2017-08-08 00:40, Alex Williamson wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 09:35:40 +0200
>> Torbjorn Jansson <torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se> wrote:
>>
>> Hello.
>>>
>>> i'm considering upgrading my linux box that i use for virtualization
>>> (i5-3470,
>>> Z77 mb).
>>> at the moment i have a successfully working setup where i pass thru a
>>> gtx970 to
>>> a windows vm.
>>> i also have an aging 4 port network card, see below:
>>> ------
>>> 04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet
>>> Controller (Copper) (rev 06)
>>> 04:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet
>>> Controller (Copper) (rev 06)
>>> 05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet
>>> Controller (Copper) (rev 06)
>>> 05:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet