[vfio-users] Onboard sound card to my VM

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Tue Aug 15 03:07:04 UTC 2017

On 08/14/2017 12:35 PM, Berillions wrote:

> I would like to bind my onboard sound card only when the VM is started but
> when i launch the command for the IOMMU group, i have these result :
> https://pastebin.com/WdfVsqj5
>
> How to know if the others device in the same group are used or not ?
>
> Thanks,
> Maxime
Your SATA controller definitely is.

The best way for audio in a VM is via a graphics cards audio device and
a connector format that supports audio such as DisplayPort or w/e, if
you don't have a DP screen you can buy an active splitter for it.

Another choice is a USB audio device, which is what I use.

I am not sure but I think there are no pci-e audio cards that support
IOMMU AFAIK.