[vfio-users] DELL OptiPlex IGD passthrough - option ROM call does not return

Gert Rosenboom gertrosenboom at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 20:16:42 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have been trying to pass through both Skylake and Kaby Lake IGD on a DELL
OptiPlex Micro PC. Using the seabios monitor, I found that __callrom() in
roms/seabios/src/optionsroms.c does not return. However, the exact same
qemu configuration works fine on two other non-DELL PC motherboards with
identical Skylake and Kaby Lake processors.

I am on kernel 4.11.1, qemu 2.10.0-rc3 and IGD is the primary and only
graphics device.

This is my first post so I am not sure what additional information to
provide at this point.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Gert