[vfio-users] IGD Passthrough - does not work with intel kabylake

Alex Williamson alex.williamson at redhat.com
Thu Feb 2 15:45:14 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2 Feb 2017 15:50:54 +0100
nicolas prochazka <prochazka.nicolas at gmail.com> wrote:

> So :
> - Host is now in 4.11 with patch , linux guest always in 4.4.
> -> nothing seems to be change
> screen is divide into 3.
>
> - Then after :
> https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-12/msg01600.html
>
> Screen is now as simple screen, so it's better but :
> - IGD does not work,
> under win10 => driver intel HD620 is under error.

What is the error?  Are you using the driver from Intel or the one that
ships with Windows?

> under linux => as windows, screen is not divide anymore :) , but igd is not
> using ( /dev/dri/card0 does not exist )

Can you provide guest dmesg?

FWIW, Intel seems to change their graphics hardware on every chip
revision.  This is all too common of a problem.  Unfortunately the
newest hardware I have access to is Broadwell.  Thanks,

Alex