[vfio-users] I need your help!

Bronek Kozicki brok at spamcop.net
Thu Feb 23 12:02:32 UTC 2017

Hi Paige

I noticed your -cpu option does not disable hypervisor; you might want
to try it, please see
http://vfio.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/how-to-improve-performance-in-windows-7.html
for reference. On the example of my virtual machines, this translates to
qemu options:

-machine pc-i440fx-2.5,accel=kvm,usb=off,dump-guest-core=off,mem-
merge=off -cpu host,-
hypervisor,hv_time,hv_relaxed,hv_vapic,hv_spinlocks=0x1000

Another thing, I make use of vCPU pinning in my libvirt configuration
and I think this would help you as well. The CPUs I use for virtual
machines are removed from Linux kernel scheduler, with "isolcpus"
option. FWIW my motherboard is SuperMicro X9DA7. And one more thing,
when setting up my VMs I took particular care to ensure that the
physical cores I pinned my vCPUs to, are all on the same socket and
directly attached to PCIe slots that I mapped to my VMs with vfio.

B.

--

  Bronek Kozicki

  brok at spamcop.net