[vfio-users] Interrupt Handling: Regression or config change?

Ede Wolf listac at nebelschwaden.de
Fri Jan 6 18:32:02 UTC 2017

Hello Alex,

thanks very much for showing some interest. I have found an archive of
older arch kernels and can confirm, the last working kernel is:

Linux kvmother 4.5.4-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed May 11 22:21:28 CEST 2016
x86_64 GNU/Linux

the next kernel release from the arch team would be according to the
archive:

Linux kvmother 4.6.1-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jun 2 07:17:31 CEST 2016
x86_64 GNU/Linux

and this already does not work any more. Also crosschecked to 4.6.5-1,
no change and of course none with 4.8.x either.

Installed and reinstalled both (4.5 and 4.6) multiple times, including
power off and hard reset between kernels, and the results are
absolutelty consistent.

Suggests, that either some bug or some required configuration change I
am not aware of has been introduced with Kernel 4.6.

Unfortunately I do not know enough about programming at all to bring it
down to a certain commit (not to look for that), but if there is
anything I could do, just let me know. please.

Thanks again

Ede