[vfio-users] amd rx480 invalid rom contents

Luke Yelavich themuso at themuso.com
Sun Jan 22 00:55:57 UTC 2017

On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 10:15:41AM AEDT, P. Pronk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Hope you can help me with this. I've built a new pc specifically with vfio
> in mind but unfortunately I can't get it too work. My pc consists of an Asus
> X99-M motherboard, Intel E5-1620v4, AMD RX480 in PCIE slot 1 (for Windows
> guest) and AMD RX460 in slot 3 (for Linux host). Both GPU's are connected to
> the same monitor, I will switch inputs by using ddccontrol.

Who is the manufacturer of both your AMD cards? So far as I understand
things, its up to the manufacturer of the card to provide the appropriate ROM
to suit the configuration of the card. Its likely that a ROM/BIOS update may
fix your RX 480 card. Do both cards work under a pure Windows environment?

Luke