[vfio-users] amd rx480 invalid rom contents

P. Pronk vfio at pronk.nl
Sun Jan 22 17:45:40 UTC 2017

On Sun, 22 Jan 2017 11:55:57 +1100, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> Who is the manufacturer of both your AMD cards? So far as I understand
> things, its up to the manufacturer of the card to provide the
> appropriate ROM
> to suit the configuration of the card. Its likely that a ROM/BIOS
> update may
> fix your RX 480 card. Do both cards work under a pure Windows
> environment?

That's a simple question but a difficult answer to get a pure Windows
environment working again ;)

Anyway, I got the following results after using GPU-Z under Windows:
The RX480 is a MSI Gaming X 8G:
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/187387/187387
and the RX460 is a XFX R460P4TFG5:
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/189230/189230