[vfio-users] Fwd: failing IGD passthrough on apollo lake - BAR 2 error

Alex Williamson alex.williamson at redhat.com
Thu Jul 27 16:57:06 UTC 2017

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 09:41:04 -0600
Alex Williamson <alex.williamson at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 11:32:24 +0200
> Geert Coulommier <g.coulommier at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Finally, until now I had ignored the errors in the kernel log on the audio
> > device (0000:00:0e.0) as I was focusing on the gpu. As requested, in [2]
> > the output of 'sudo lspci -xxxxs 0000:00:0e.0'.
> >
> Thanks, I'll take a look at this.

Seems that Intel has started including a PCIe capability on root
complex integrated endpoints, which can have a smaller size than we're
used to with discrete endpoints and the way capabilities are aligned on
this device results in reporting an erroneous overlap.  I posted a
patch:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/7/27/515

I don't expect this to be actually causing any problems though.  Thanks,

Alex