[vfio-users] Blank screen but no obvious errors for NVIDIA 750 Ti passthrough on Haswell i7-4770

Manuel Zeusin zeusin360 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 22:44:33 UTC 2017

hello,

I recently update from fedora 24 to fedora 26 and i was having the same
problem that you with mi gtx 970.

the ovmf that i was using in fedora 24 comes from a repo that compiles from
git

testing here and there, I realize that if i change ovmf.git to normal ovmf
the machine with vga passthrough start to work again... so i think your
problem is with the ovmf version.

this is the version running for me:
Nombre       :
edk2-ovmf

Versión      :
20170209git296153c5

Lanzamiento  :
4.fc26

Arquitectura :
noarch

Tamaño       : 6.3

Fuente       :
edk2-20170209git296153c5-4.fc26.src.rpm

Repo         :
@System

Desde repo   :
@commandline

Resumen      : Open Virtual Machine
Firmware

URL          : http://www.tianocore.org/edk2/

Licencia     : BSD and
OpenSSL

Descripción  : EFI Development Kit
II

             : Open Virtual Machine Firmware
(x64)

and this version not work:
Nombre       : edk2.git-ovmf-x64
Versión      : 0
Lanzamiento  : 20170727.b2815.gfff2623cc2
Arquitectura : noarch
Tamaño       : 14 M
Fuente       : edk2.git-0-20170727.b2815.gfff2623cc2.src.rpm
Repo         : @System
Desde repo   : @commandline
Resumen      : Open Virtual Machine Firmware
URL          :
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/tianocore/index.php?title=EDK2
Licencia     : BSD License (no advertising) with restrictions on use and
redistribution
Descripción  : EFI Development Kit II
             : Open Virtual Machine Firmware
             : 64bit version

PD: sorry for bad english and bad expresions