[vfio-users] Ryzen/X370 Chipset and IOMMU Groups

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 13:50:45 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 2:23 PM, Nick Sarnie <commendsarnex at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You previously helped me with an issue on Z170 with the bios preventing
> the quirk from kicking in on the root ports, and Gigabyte fixed the bios
> for me. I must have thought that was more general.
>
> Anyway, here's the correct lspci.
>
> https://paste.pound-python.org/show/CgR8EioN3hZoVsp7KYrF/
>
> Let me know if you see anything,

Initial information from AMD suggests that ACS may in fact be enabled via a
BIOS option.  I cannot confirm yet if this should be available on all
versions of Ryzen.  Do you have an "NBIO Debug Options" selection available
under AMD CBS?  The only video I've found shows various "Common Options"
menus, including "NBIO Common Options", but the video didn't descend into
that menu.  Maybe there's a global debug or advanced options flag that
could make such a menu item appear.  Or perhaps it's not available in these
initial firmware releases yet and vendors need pressure from AMD and/or
users to make it available.