[vfio-users] Ryzen Primary GPU passthrough success and woes

Steven Walter stevenrwalter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 12:24:06 UTC 2017

I  got a similar (though multi-GPU) setup working, which I wrote up
here: https://www.reddit.com/r/VFIO/comments/616xih/gpu_passthrough_with_msi_b350_tomahawk/

One thing that may help you is to enable AVIC (kvm_amd.avic=1).  What
I saw without AVIC was that things would work briefly (only a few
seconds for me) before interrupts would stop getting delivered.
Sounds like things are working better for you without AVIC than they
did for me, but perhaps the extra improvement in IRQ latency would fix
the hangs you get during intensive graphics operations.

-Steven Walter <stevenrwalter at gmail.com>