Re: [vfio-users] Is windows 10 supported using intel IGD passthrough

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 2:21 PM, Andrew A. <andj2223 gmail com> wrote:
01.02.2017, 16:40, "Alex Williamson" <alex l williamson gmail com>:
> Once again, legacy mode IGD assignment is not supported on OVMF, you need a SeaBIOS guest.

I have additional question about IGD passthrough to a windows guest,
so I'll just piggy-back here:

If I recall correctly, legacy mode IGD passthrough at one time did not
work on Q35 guest machine types. Is that still true today?

Yes

If Q35 does work now, are there any special things I need to do to get
it working (e.g. "-M q35,igd-passthru=on" or something like that)?

No, it doesn't work.  The lpc bridge is an implicit device in a q35 config and conflicts with placing a fake one to make IGD happy.  Note that UPT mode IGD assignment should work with q35 if you have broadwell or newer.