[vfio-users] vfio passthrough devices behind pcie switcher problem

rhett rhett rhett.kernel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 02:55:30 UTC 2017

i have a question about vfio , here is my description.

i have 8 gpus in my server machine ,  but they are all behind a pcie
bridge.  when i make a vfio passthrough , i can't use the gpus in my guest
os.
dmesg shows the following message

[  662.208072] vfio-pci 0000:87:00.0: irq 140 for MSI/MSI-X
[  725.761623] vfio-pci 0000:04:00.0: irq 140 for MSI/MSI-X

i started two vm , one use 87 and another use 04,  dmesg shows that they
share the same irq 140 . is this normal ?

i also saw the iommu groups, each gpu stays in a separate group, and with
no other device in group. so this means ACS works correctly ?

hope to get your helps !