Re: [vfio-users] Ryzen/X370 Chipset and IOMMU Groups

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 11:05 AM, Nick Sarnie <commendsarnex gmail com> wrote:
Hi Alex,

I don't see either of the options. I couldn't find Common Options at all, and here's a screenshot of the CBS settings:

https://i.imgur.com/9hQUHX0.jpg

Is this something I should ask Asus to add?

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try to start the discussion with Asus.  The video I found was this one:

https://youtu.be/pipR5xhrLo0?t=20

At that start time you can see an NBIO Common Options menu on an ASRock system, but I never saw him open it and I couldn't find any documentation on what might be in there in an asrock mb manual (not an endorsement for asrock, perhaps they just have a BIOS more similar to the AMD sample implementation).  If AMD put it into a menu of debug options, it's really no surprise that consumer firmware dropped it.  Too bad.  This feels like a repeat of the difficulty we had trying to find motherboards that allowed the IOMMU to be enabled when AMD-Vi came out.  I wonder if AVIC requires yet another BIOS option that consumers will need to gamble with.