Re: [vfio-users] issues about windows GPU drivers update after passthrough

Hi:
    Thank you for your advise. I use the seabios to boot the guest and what I do is GPU passthrough.
It may be different from yours. Do you have any other ways?

At 2017-03-16 14:22:20, "trigger-happy" <triggerhappyelite gmail com> wrote: >Apologies to everyone if this ends up becoming a new thread. I've been >subscribed to this mailing list under the digest format and didn't >realize it would be so awkward to reply to an individual message. > >>Yesterday my windows 10 guest suddenly turned to black screen, and >after rebooting windows 10, GPU didn't work. >>I find that the GPU drivers has been updated to the newest version by >windows 10 automatically and it doesn't work. >>And windows 7 has the same thing. However if I install the windows 10 >into the host machine derectly, the GPU driver >>can be updated to the newest version. If somebody encounter this >problem? > >Are you using UEFI (ovmf/edk2) for booting up your guest? Or is it >using the legacy MBR/BIOS method? If it's the former, you might want >to check what version of ovmf/edk2 you're using. I ran into this kind >of problem yesterday on my own setup after upgrading ovmf-git (I'm on >Arch linux). > >ovmf-git-21341.bd40dd27aa-1-x86_64 broke my setup and I had to do a >bit of hacking to build ovmf-git-18754.dc99315b87-1-x86_64 and get my >windows 10 guest to boot up again. > >James