[vfio-users] Looking for recommendations for screen-switching

Patrick O'Callaghan poc at usb.ve
Sun Mar 19 14:55:13 UTC 2017

On Sun, 2017-03-19 at 09:24 -0500, Jayme Howard wrote:
> I do exactly what you described as your original solution, though I've got
>
> a USB switch inline as well, because my monitor doesn't have USB
>
> passthrough.

I don't have a USB switch but I do use a wireless KB and mouse (with a USB dongle).
I don't see why that should make a difference but apparently it does. Possibly there's
some magic in Windows that makes this work, I've no idea. Currently I have Windows
configured with "extended display", i.e. the internal KVM/QEMU display counts as
screen 1 and the Nvidia card output as screen 2, with screen 2 being used as the
default display.

poc