Re: [vfio-users] Looking for recommendations for screen-switching

Monitor source selection menu is the cheapest option and also the least convenient. The most convenient option is a KVM switch but then you would have to deal with passing one of its USB ports to the VM while keeping the other one on host and a good KVM will cost you several hundred bucks. The way I am using it:
1) Cheap HDMI switcher (i.e. something like this: https://www.amazon.com/TBS%C2%AE2083-Intelligent-Switcher-Adapter-Splitter/product-reviews/B00M6I8K2E). It allows me to switch the cards without fumbling with the monitor menu.
2) I keep the emulated VGA as a second adapter on my virtual machines. For Windows 7 it keeps a window on the desktop that I can use to grab or release focus for keyboard and mouse. This way I don't have to deal with any USB passthrough - only the GPU is passed to the VM.