[vfio-users] Speed tips requested

Bronek Kozicki brok at spamcop.net
Sun Mar 26 09:58:17 UTC 2017

Assuming you use libvirt, make sure to use vCPU pinning. For disk access, try cache='writeback' io='threads'. If you switch to scsio-vfio, this will give you the ability to define queue length which might additionally improve IO. Also, try QCOW2 format for guest disk, it might enable some additional optimizations. However given you host seem to have little spare capacity, YMMV

B.