[vfio-users] IGD Rom file is not anymore readable

Alex Williamson alex.williamson at redhat.com
Fri Mar 31 02:49:32 UTC 2017

On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 20:25:51 +0200
Manuel Ullmann <ullman.alias at posteo.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it seems, that my Haswell IGD Rom is not readable anymore (but working
> in Linux). Also tested this on a Live CD. I have a backup from sysfs,
> when it was still readable, but Alex advised me to not use it, because
> it would have to be prepared for Qemu usage. Now I’m interested on how I
> would achieve that. You mentioned correcting PCI Ids would be a part of
> it.

What has changed that you can no longer read the ROM?

I've been meaning to make a tool for this for some time, so I finally
updated rom-parser to include a new rom-fixer binary.  See:

https://github.com/awilliam/rom-parser

Run rom-fixer on your dumped ROM and it will prompt for updating the
PCI vendor ID, device ID, and checksum.  Use lspci -n to determine the
correct device ID for your IGD.  Thanks,

Alex