[vfio-users] VM loses mouse

Zycorax Tokoroa zycorax at phoxden.xyz
Mon May 1 12:34:31 UTC 2017

> OK, I did the following:
>
> * Added the 'qemu' user to the 'input' group.
> * Edited /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf to add the evdev devices
> * Restarted libvirtd
>
> I still get the same error.
>
> poc

- Check the ownership of the /dev/input/ devices matches what I've seen
in my experience (root:input).
- Note that the user VMs are run as is "libvirt-qemu", not just "qemu",
at least in the systems I've worked with. If your distribution uses a
different user, this can be found by running a simple dummy VM.
- Note that /dev/input/ aren't guaranteed to always be the same with
every host boot. /dev/input/by-id/ should grant a non-changing name, iirc.

Alternatively to the two first points, you could set the ownership of
the devices involved to libvirt-qemu before launching the VM.