[vfio-users] VM loses mouse

Javier Celaya jcelaya at gmail.com
Mon May 1 13:31:25 UTC 2017

You have to use the device that ends with event, not mouse. You are almost
there!

El 1/5/2017 14:58, "Patrick O'Callaghan" <poc at usb.ve> escribió:

On Mon, 2017-05-01 at 13:50 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Mon, 2017-05-01 at 15:34 +0300, Zycorax Tokoroa wrote:
> > > OK, I did the following:
> > >
> > > * Added the 'qemu' user to the 'input' group.
> > > * Edited /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf to add the evdev devices
> > > * Restarted libvirtd
> > >
> > > I still get the same error.
> > >
> > > poc
> > >

> > - Check the ownership of the /dev/input/ devices matches what I've seen
> > in my experience (root:input).
>
> It does.
>
> > - Note that the user VMs are run as is "libvirt-qemu", not just "qemu",
> > at least in the systems I've worked with. If your distribution uses a
> > different user, this can be found by running a simple dummy VM.
>
> There is no libvirt-qemu user. VMs run as 'qemu'. This is Fedora 25.
>
> > - Note that /dev/input/ aren't guaranteed to always be the same with
> > every host boot. /dev/input/by-id/ should grant a non-changing name,
iirc.

> That's what I'm using (my earlier example used 'eventX' but changing it
> to /dev/input/by-id makes no difference).
>
> > Alternatively to the two first points, you could set the ownership of
> > the devices involved to libvirt-qemu before launching the VM.
>
> Tried that. No change.
>
> poc

I tried turning off SElinux and got a different message:

Error starting domain: internal error: process exited while connecting
to monitor: 2017-05-01T12:56:25.296858Z qemu-system-x86_64: -object
input-linux,id=mouse1,evdev=/dev/input/by-id/usb-Logitech_USB_Receiver-
if02-mouse: /dev/input/by-id/usb-Logitech_USB_Receiver-if02-mouse: is
not an evdev device

This means that a) the permission problems are related to SElinux, and
b) there is something wrong with the evdev setup.

poc