[vfio-users] VM loses mouse: SOLVED

Patrick O'Callaghan poc at usb.ve
Mon May 1 16:54:09 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-05-01 at 17:08 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Mon, 2017-05-01 at 15:31 +0200, Javier Celaya wrote:
> > You have to use the device that ends with event, not mouse. You are almost
> > there!
>
> That was it :-) I had three (kb, mouse-event and mouse) because of misunderstanding
> comments in https://www.kraxel.org/blog/2016/04/linux-evdev-input-support-in-qemu-2-6/
> but removing the last one fixed it.
>
> Now I just have to fix the SElinux issue but that shouldn't be hard.
>
> Thanks to you and <zycorax at phoxden.xyz> for your help.

And of course there's always something else: now I can't get the VM to
release the mouse. The above URL says this should happen with the two
CTRL keys, but it doesn't. The default virt-manager combo, which was
fine up to now, doesn't work either, so my only escape is to shut down
the VM.

Is this configurable somehow?

poc