[vfio-users] Console output on the host stops after launching a VM with vfio GPU

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.net
Tue May 9 00:29:00 UTC 2017

On Mon, 8 May 2017 19:21:57 -0500
Jayme Howard <g.prime at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you backgrounding qemu?  If you just call it from the CLI, it won't
> fork into the background and return the terminal to you.  You could launch
> it with "nohup <your command> &" and it should return the terminal to you.

Yes I launch it with -daemonize.

Moreover, trying to simplify the description I didn't mention the same effect
is observed even when launching the guest while logged in via SSH.
(launching the guest remotely and then going to the host machine I will notice
that its local screen is now frozen; SSH access continues to work fine and the
guest runs fine as well)

--
With respect,
Roman