[vfio-users] Switch setup for a 1440p at 96Hz DVI monitor

Bronek Kozicki brok at spamcop.net
Tue Nov 7 19:45:24 UTC 2017

On Tue, 7 Nov 2017, at 06:27 PM, Tmplt wrote:
> My monitor only has a single dual-link DVI input, so instead of crawling
> behind the system and fibble with the cables I've been looking for a
> switch setup. Thus far, I've been very unsuccessful. No DVI-switches
> appears to support this bandwidth and my searches for a simple 2-to-1
> DisplayPort switch (which I could probably use with an adapter) have
> yielded no fruit.

I am using this switch
https://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-Port-Resolution-Switch-Audio/dp/B004NNYILM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510083758&sr=8-1&keywords=startech+SV231DVIUAHR
(
https://www.startech.com/uk/Server-Management/KVM-Switches/2-Port-High-Resolution-USB-DVI-Dual-Link-KVM-Switch-with-Audio~SV231DVIUAHR
, my display resolution is 2560x1600 ). It is expensive, I think
displayport one would have been cheaper. But it works.

B.

--
  Bronek Kozicki
  brok at spamcop.net