[vfio-users] Host xHCI Device passthrough issue

maq maq at zwyltech.com
Thu Nov 30 08:35:52 UTC 2017

Dear All:
   I am trying pass my host intel xHCI Controller to VM, this is my command:
   /opt/qemu-dev/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 \
    -usb \
    --enable-kvm -M pc -m 2048 \
    -boot menu=on -monitor stdio \
    -debugcon file:/var/log/bios.log -global isa-debugcon.iobase=0x402 \
    -device vfio-pci,host=00:14.0 \
    -bios /root/bios.bin

   I turn on the xHCI support of seabios.
   Most time, It works fine, seabios can init usb mouse and keyboard. Ocasionally, usb device not work! I found this error message in host dmesg:
   [  781.972254] DMAR: DRHD: handling fault status reg 2
   [  781.972259] DMAR: [DMA Read] Request device [00:14.0] fault addr ee000 [fault reason 06] PTE Read access is not set
   After this error occurred,xHCI device not work at all,even VM reboot。If anyone can give me some advice?