[vfio-users] What's the user scenario for UPT mode of IGD

Daimon Wang daimon_swang at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 11 10:33:51 UTC 2017

Hi,    The qemu doc of igd says there're 2 modes for IGD pass through, legacy and UPT. And Alex's blog says in UPT mode, one can set a display card "mirror" the IGD, to get the accelerated video output.    But I'm not sure how to setup such a "mirror". E.g. in a Win7 VM, is it in the "Display settings", and I should set my 2 monitor work in "mirror" mode? Suppose I'm using qxl as the default VGA and "mirror" the IGD, I can then get 3D output on qxl and view the result through spice? This sounds very cool but I don't think the OS is clever enough to make it.

Regards,Daimon