[vfio-users] Passing through eGPU over thunderbolt 3 partly works, how to debug further?

Ferdinand Pöll fphome at live.de
Wed Oct 25 13:31:15 UTC 2017

Hi Roman,

I had a similar issue (Host crashing after Vm started for about 2h or shutting the VM down) some time ago. In my case it was caused by the type of interrupts used. What helped me was this: https://wiki.lime-technology.com/UnRAID_6/VM_Guest_Support#Enable_MSI_for_Interrupts_to_Fix_HDMI_Audio_Support
Unfortunately I have to do this after every graphics driver update in the VM, but I can live with that.

Hope this helps,
Ferdinand