[vfio-users] USB device passthrough regression?

P. Pronk vfio at pronk.nl
Sat Oct 28 12:27:15 UTC 2017

I found using USB pass-through quote annoying to use on a daily basis.
Having to re-attach when disconnected and vm's not starting when a USB
device is missing, ugh.

If you still have a free pci-e slot in your system I recommend buying an
add-in USB card for ~10 in whatever your currency is and use pci-e
pass-through. Makes life so much easier.

Eg I used the pci-e x1 slot under my gpu for this with a low-profile
pci-e riser.