[vfio-users] kernel 4.12.5 traps qemu process on IGD passthrough VM startup

Manuel Ullmann labre at posteo.de
Sun Sep 10 02:34:55 UTC 2017

> For some reason, the qemu process currently gets trapped by kernel
> 4.12.5. (qemu-cmd: [1]) Last thing I did was installing the Win7 Realtek
> AC97 driver to get guest sound working.

Well, this took a while to figure it out, because I suspected VM OS
and qemu/seabios updates at first. I’ve got an IO region conflict
between Intel graphics and the AC97 sound device (and should have
considered that earlier). https://imgur.com/a/Ue9ao (sorry for the
localized UI)

Is there some way to alter that region with qemu or are they entirely
defined by guest drivers?

Thanks,
Manuel