[vfio-users] Is there any tools to setup an vm with IGD passthrough?

Daimon Wang daimon_swang at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 26 09:55:04 UTC 2017

Hi,    I'm planning to write a program that control an VM with IGD passthrough. Now the environment is ready: kernel param && driver blacklist ok and the VM start correctly with virt-install plus virsh edit the xml. So it's time to convert that process to a program.    What stop me is the "virsh edit" part, which modify the  "address" property of the hostdev to "slot=0x02" (required for IGD).
    I'm wondering if there's already some tool that deal with such an VM creation. The virt-manager can't modify the "address" property and virsh-install even doesn't create the it. I think libvirt can achieve that, but that would require a lot more code (to deal with other normal properties, e.g. network/usb/sound).
Regards,Daimon