[vfio-users] Trouble passing PCI device in isolated IOMMU group

Quincy Wofford quincy.wofford at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 01:12:25 UTC 2018

Hi Alex,

Yes, my dmesg did report this issue related to RMRR.

Based on your suggestion, I ran the hp-script-utils steps mentioned at
https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04781229. I
disabled RMRR for all 3 of my available PCI slots.

I swapped NIC's in and out of different PCI slots until I found one magical
slot which just works. I inserted my 4-port Intel 82580 NIC (branded HP
365T), and then successfully started a VM on one of the 4 available ports.
None of the NIC's I tried would work in the first two slots I tried.