[vfio-users] Failed to mmap 0000:01:00.0 BAR 3. Performance may be slow

Konrad Eisele eiselekd at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 18:57:05 UTC 2018

I got one working configuration now after trying various permutations:
 - switched back to AMD 5450 card, couldnt get NVidia out of "Code 43"
 - use "-vga qlx", however disabling display-0 it in win10 in "Display
settings".
   Using "-vga none" would'nt boot (probably because the passthrough card
   will be the primary in the guest and that would make problems because of
   not beeing initialized ?). With "-vga qlx" the OVMF bootscreen is shown
in spice
   while the windows login will appear on the main monitor.
 - Not using romfiles, when using seabios boot and romfiles with AMD
   CPU0 would fiddle around in 0xc00xx region without progress (info cpus),
   not shure what it is doing or howto find out (enable seabios serial?).
Romfiles for AMD in uefi guest
   wouldn't make a noticable difference (maybe my romfiles are for  legacy
and are ignored ?).
 - use "video=efifb:off" to prevent efifb to switch in

Having some kind of baseline now I'll try to see weather I
can understand how romfiles work and try to dump it for NVidia 710b also.
Amazing how complicated it is to setup passthrough.