[vfio-users] What's the difference between physical and passed through IGD?

Acewind acewind at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 15:15:02 UTC 2018

I pass through Intel Corporation HD Graphics 530, an IGD card to windows 7
vm by legacy mode, in fedora 25(kernel=4.8.6, qemu=2.7).
I can see windows output on the screen successfully, but always confused
graphic during booting and low resolution (640*480) when running.
After installation of driver downloaded from Intel official website,
nothing improved, and the driver show error code 43.

>From the view of driver, what’s the difference between an original,
physical IGD and a passed through IGD? Any functions disappeared? What
should I do to correct the error? Or there’s another version of driver?