[vfio-users] Intel integrated graphics devices assignment

jan arnol j_a_n82 at yahoo.de
Thu Feb 1 08:45:09 UTC 2018

Hello,
I read here VFIO GPU How To series, part 2 - Expectations that the assigning of an integrated graphics devices is not possible.
"Another frequent misconception is that integrated graphics devices, like Intel IGD graphics, are just another graphics device and should work with GPU assignment.  Unfortunately IGD is not only non-discrete from the aspect of being integrated into the processor, but it's also non-discrete in that the drivers for IGD depend on various registers and operations regions and firmware tables spread across the chipset.  Thus, while we can attach the IGD GPU to the guest, it doesn't work due to driver requirements.  This issue is being worked and will hopefully have a solution in the near future."
I'm having drivers issue in the host machine while trying to assing the GPU. So is this problem still valid or should it work?In the dmesg output i see the following:
[drm:i915_driver_load [i915]] *ERROR* bridge device not found

Thank you

|  |
VFIO GPU How To series, part 2 - Expectations

Information on using VFIO for assigning PCI/VGA/GPU devices to Linux and Windows guests with QEMU/KVM