[vfio-users] Is there a way to fake subsystem id for passthrough cards?

Nick S nick.kvmhv at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 22:16:32 UTC 2018

I feel stupid now not realizing right away it must be in qemu. The real
problem with driver reloads is that it reinforces the reset issue that for
some reason started to appear on my RX 480 cards. Setting it to the same
subsystem seems to convince Windows that nothing changed.
Now I can't help but wonder how far can I take this fakery. Different cards
within the same architecture? Just any card that shares the driver?

Thank you!