[vfio-users] Best guides on vfio and related info

Trevor Rose tarose.trevor at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 17:52:21 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I want to save up to build myself a development server, which will be
capable of GPU pass through for some VMs, and I’m curious to know what else
can be done with all this virtualisation and emulation.

Can anyone recommend the best guides for a beginner to start studying that
explains all the relevant concepts, so that by the time I’ve got the money
to build that server, I’ve got a better chance of understanding the
process, and can start to play with more possibilities?

— what concepts are part of this that I should study?
— what online or other resources exist?
— are there any guides to avoiding pitfalls in hardware selection?

I know that’s all pretty vague and general, but any help to set me in the
right direction is greatly appreciated.

Trevor.
--
Regards & Best Wishes, Trevor Alexander Rose aka Galactic President Mobile:
+61 4 7880 0709 Skype: trevor_alexander_rose Sent from my flat handheld