[vfio-users] How to set PCI address in "options vfio-pci" ?

Alex Williamson alex.williamson at redhat.com
Thu May 17 14:27:20 UTC 2018

On Thu, 17 May 2018 12:56:49 +0800
Eddie Yen <missile0407 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> IME, you can set VID:PID by adding "options vfio-pci" into conf file and
> put at modprobe.d
> So that VFIO can take over the device that had same VID:PID when boot.
>
> But how can I set this option by using PCI Address without using override
> script?

There's no such module option, what's wrong with a script?  Part of the
reason we don't have such a module option is that PCI addresses are not
persistent, they can change based on devices added or removed, or even
motherboard BIOS updates.  Userspace has more flexibility for managing
this and is fully able to do so via initrd scripts and modprobe.d.
Thanks,

Alex