[vfio-users] amd gpu quirks and command line options

Kash Pande kash at tripleback.net
Wed Oct 3 17:21:33 UTC 2018

On 2018-10-03 9:42 a.m., Alex Williamson wrote:
>  In general, AMD folks tend to deny that there
> are reset issues, so except for the Bonaire/Hawaii quirks above where
> they admit there's a silicon issue, we haven't gotten much support for
> additional quirks.

Does the PCIe reset bug on Threadripper apply here? Because I know the
symptoms of that problem are different, for different users/systems. My
TR4 wouldn't start a VFIO VM without the PCIe bus reset patch being
applied to the kernel. Some people can't reboot a VM, but it'll start
just fine.

Also, no idea if that patch has made it upstream or not, I haven't dealt
with it in a few months.

Kash