[vfio-users] Intel IGD VFIO passthrough success on i3-6100, but failed on i3-6100U

Alex Williamson alex.williamson at redhat.com
Fri Oct 12 14:47:43 UTC 2018

On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 17:41:42 +0800
Acewind <acewind at gmail.com> wrote:

> The two cpus all both SkyLake arch.
>
> I have successed to passthrough IGD device to Win7/Win10 on an  i3-6100
> machine with Fedora 25.
> I use legacy mode and set x-igd-gms=1 on qemu command line.
>
> When I work on another machine of i3-6100U with the same solution.

You might try configuring the host BIOS to boot into legacy mode
(non-UEFI) and use a live CD to get the legacy mode video BIOS from
IGD.  You'll need to run rom-fixer on it to correct the checksum and
device ID.  Then use the rom file option in libvirt xml to pass this
image to the VM.  I've had this help before when the host system boots
via UEFI natively.  Thanks,

Alex