[vfio-users] AMD Radeon HDMI Audio stops after driver update

Volker Rümelin vr_qemu at t-online.de
Sun Oct 14 13:22:51 UTC 2018

Hi Brett,

> Don't have a satisfying answer to why this happens...

I guess this is a long standing bug in the AMD HDMI audio driver where
it can't handle a PCI BAR in 64 bit MMIO space. To verify that this is
the problem you can pass the experimental option -fw_cfg
name=opt/ovmf/X-PciMmio64Mb,string=0 to qemu. I expect the AMD HDMI
audio driver works with this option.

> But! Update driver on the audio device and selecting the stock
> microsoft "High Definition Audio Device" instead of AMD drivers
> restored the audio.
>
> Brett

With best regards,
Volker