[vfio-users] Thinking about managing VMs with a macro pad & scripts

Patrick O'Callaghan poc at usb.ve
Mon Oct 29 10:55:45 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2018-10-29 at 00:41 -0400, Daniel Browne wrote:
> On a side topic, I added a HDMI switch to my configuration a little while
> back with the goal of being able to dedicate both of my monitors to one or
> the other of my VMs (or maybe even swapping the screens) without having to
> move cables around. Unfortunately, neither of my guests do well with having
> the monitors switched around like that. I have issues where the guest just
> plain won't detect the monitor, or it won't set the resolution to something
> sane. If anyone has any tips that might help with this issue, it would be
> appreciated.

This may or may not be relevant: I have a single monitor and use a HDMI
switch to toggle back and forth. The first one I bought didn't work,
but following advice on this list I got one that did. The important
feature is that the switch should maintain a signal on the
*disconnected* port(s) so the monitor doesn't think it has been
unplugged. This is the specific one I got:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00M6I8K2E/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm sure there are others. I don't use the remote but for under £10 I
consider it a bargain.

poc