[vfio-users] (good) working GPU for passthrough?

Tobias Geiger tobias.geiger at vido.info
Thu Jan 17 22:03:03 UTC 2019

Hello!

after nearly 5 years of passing through my Radeon HD7800 - it feels old
and slow when used with newer games and 1GB of RAM also doesn't feel
right anymore...

I tried a VEGA 64 - i was able to live with the ACS patch needed here
(Z170 Chipset... not needed with the old HD7800, but whatever...) - but
i couldn't stand the reset/FLR/Bug which forces you at least to
suspend/resume the host when you want to reboot only the guest...

So my question is - AMD or NVIDIA, i dont care, cheap or superexpensive
(ok, not the quadros) - what do you recommend these days for a
hassle-free passthrough experienence (well at least mostly - acs patch
needed would be ok, reset bug not so... it just makes it unhandy to use
in day-to-day scenarios...)

Thanks very much!