[vfio-users] remote display + vfio gpu?

José Ramón Muñoz Pekkarinen koalinux at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 20:25:30 UTC 2019

On Sun, 30 Jun 2019 at 23:15, James Courtier-Dutton
<james.dutton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have you looked into the feasibility of what you are asking.
> I see the main problem being the massive bandwidth that is needed.
> Taking the output frames and passing them via shared memory is reasonable, and that is what "looking glass" does.
> Passing these same frames over the network is impractical.
> There is just too much data to pass over the network.
>
> This is why various tools like QXL, Spice and VNC exist.

    Sorry if I didn't express myself correctly, but basically I'm
trying to access one or 2 vms over spice, the thing is that I
want to use a normal graphic card for 3d instead of the qxl
device. If the performance is bad or good, as it's for testing
I simply can live with bad performance.

    Best regards.

    José.