[vfio-users] crackling sound on i440fx-3.1+ and conversion attempts to q35

mail at peterge.de mail at peterge.de
Sat Mar 21 13:50:10 UTC 2020

Hi,

this might not be the answer you are looking for, but i set up audio from my windows vm using scream (https://github.com/duncanthrax/scream) via a ivshmem device. This is technical comparable to what looking glass is using (https://looking-glass.hostfission.com/).

It works much better than my previous HDA ICH6 sound device, no crackeling and much lower latency and might copletely circumvent your problem :)

Guide:
https://looking-glass.hostfission.com/wiki/Using_Scream

Mar 21, 2020, 12:10 by jiri.novak at ghorland.net: