[vfio-users] new video card. vm wont boot

Roger Lawhorn rll at twc.com
Sun May 31 12:29:22 UTC 2020

Thanks for responding.
BTW: the fix for raid0 was to add raid0.default_layout=2 to the command
line for grub for kernels higher than 5.3.3.

I am using linux mint 19.3.
The highest kernel available is 5.3
I used the ukuu utility to install kernels 5.4,5.5, and 5.6.
In any of those kernels if I do a modinfo vfio or modinfo vfio-pci I get
nothing.
Modprobe obviously fails to load the modules. Nothing in lsmod.
Video card boots without being owned by vfio-pci.

In kernel 5.3 I get the full specs on those two modules with modinfo.

Honestly, I'd say that ukuu pulled the kernels from ubuntu archives.
If you have the instructions to pull a working kernel for ubuntu with
vfio manually then let me know.