[virt-tools-list] Problem creating vm's with virt-manager 0.7.0

Joseph Shraibman jks at iname.com
Thu Oct 15 20:46:38 UTC 2009

Cole Robinson wrote:
> On 10/15/2009 03:14 PM, Joseph Shraibman wrote:
>> On a CentOS 5.3 machine (with qemu 0.9.1, kvm-84) I had been using
>> virt-manager 0.6.0 but had recently upgraded to 0.7.0 (I tried 0.8.0 but
>> found that unusable).
>
> How was it 'unusable'? If you were getting errors, please post your
> ~/.virt-manager/virt-manager.log (either here, or in bugzilla:
> http://virt-manager.et.redhat.com/page/BugReporting)

The interface wasn't showing the connection name was the most glaring
error. You have to hover to get the tooltip to see what it is before you
connect.  After you connect the names of all the connections are set
randomly to one of the virtual machine names.  When I tried to connect
an iso to the virtual cdrom the file browsing dialog did not work.
(maybe it shouldn't, since in this case I'm running it locally and the
vm is on the remote machine, but at least do something better than just
gray out the browse dialog)

<snip>

> No idea what could be causing things to crawl if that is the only XML
> diff. Did you also update libvirt?

No, I didn't.

I'm hoping I'll be able to fix my desktop so I can try all this with the
latest versions of everything.  That server is locked as is for now with
regards to kvm/qemu/libvirt.