[virt-tools-list] Multiple graphs in Manager

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Wed Oct 21 19:41:57 UTC 2009

On 10/21/2009 02:54 PM, Jon Nordby wrote:
> Is there any technical reason why you can only have a single graph in the
> manager window? Kind of a feature regression compared to the previous
> versions and I miss it. Would you accept a patch that makes multiple graphs
> (columns) possible?

Yes, other people have raised this issue and it is indeed a regression.
It was done just to pare down the UI, but I was a bit over zealous since
the multi graph look was opt in behavior to begin with.

Reviving the graphs for network and disk stats sounds fine, however a
'memory' graph doesn't really serve any purpose because memory usage
doesn't fluctuate on its own for any supported hypervisors. I'd also
prefer to not revive the text stat values (disk i/o text for example),
let's just use graphs.

Here's the commit that removed the multi graph look, it should be a good
starting point:

http://hg.fedorahosted.org/hg/virt-manager/rev/09189003ddf9

Thanks,
Cole