[virt-tools-list] virt-manager 0.8.0 wont run

Dan Bar Dov bardov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 10:36:34 UTC 2009

Trying to reboot, I reconnect the cdrom to the iso file,
the xml file looks like that:

    <disk type='file' device='cdrom'>
      <driver name='file'/>
      <source file='/home/iso/fc11.x86_64.iso'/>
      <target dev='vdb' bus='virtio'/>
      <readonly/>
    </disk>

But now the VM won;t start with the error
Error starting domain: internal error unsupported driver name 'file' for
disk '/home/iso/fc11.x86_64.iso'
And
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 567, in
run_domain
    vm.startup()
  File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/domain.py", line 652, in
startup
    self.vm.create()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 293, in create
    if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virDomainCreate() failed', dom=self)
libvirtError: internal error unsupported driver name 'file' for disk
'/home/iso/fc11.x86_64.iso'

Any ideas?
Dan