[virt-tools-list] No VNC / virt-viewer output from guest VM

Dominik Schips dominik at s235.de
Tue Apr 20 07:28:52 UTC 2010

Hello,

I did a standard Debian 5.0.4 (Lenny) install. After this I get the
qemu-kvm (0.12.3+dfsg-4~bpo50+2) and virt-manager (0.8.3-2~bpo50+1) from
backports.org for my KVM setup.

On one host (16GB RAM, 2x quadcore) I didn't get any output from
virt-viewer (0.0.3). So it is unpossible to install any guest VM.

netstat tell me that localhost:5900 is available and a telnet test get a
connection.

On another host with the same setup I have no problems to get VNC
output.

I tried a lot (tcpdump, strace, --debug from virt-manager, konsole
install with virt-install) and didn't find any usefull information what
cause the problem.

For the connection I use a Windows 7 host with cygwin with x forwarding.
I thought that could cause the problem but if I connect with a linux
system there is also no VNC output.

Any advice how to debug virt-viewer, virt-manager to get informations
about the VNC connections?

--

Best regards

Dominik Schips